Welcome to... Scotland!


This idea was so spontaneous and awsome! My friend called me that she had found a cheap flight to Edinburgh so why not to travel there... 
The idea was diffrent than always. And our squad was diffrent then usually. We travelled in 6: me, my sister Agata, my mummy, Zosia - my friend, Tosia (her sister and friend of my sister) and aunt Bożena (mother of Zosia and Tosia). 




The biggest surprise was absolutely our house. My mother had found an offer in Airbnb in the center of Edinburgh (in St James Squere), so we decided that it was the best option. And you know what.... In spite of not so beautiful photos on the website, this small flat was more than awsome. It was breathtaking. I think it was the best I've ever lived in during my travels. All 3  bedrooms where in the scottish style and comfortably furnished. We enjoyed a lot the welcome bottle of wine and fresh flowers in all bedrooms. Well, our host James really knows how to take care of his guests. 

Scottish weekend was full of happiness, surprises, new experiences! We appreciated scottish weather (it's not so freezing as in Poland), scottish food and obviousley scottish check. 

So I want to invite you now to photo-story from Scotland! Every photo has it's own story! Enjoy! 

*ARTHUR'S SEAT*

I'm NOT an early bird, neither my mother and sister, but this time we did it! We woke up to admire the SUNRISE in the Arthur's Seat, which is the main mountain in Edinburg. The hill rises abouve the city ti a heigh of 250.5 m (as wikipedia says), so it was a real challenge to make and effort to climb it at 7 a.m. On the other hand, sometime it's good to mobilize ourselves to do something. Surise in Arthur's Seat was utterly worth everything. I felt like in a fairytale.

























*Holyrood Palace*

Another interesting place, but a bit expensive (15 pounds)... We hormonoiusly decided that it's not on our list "100 things to visit befor I die" so on account of it's price we can omit it. We would, but... *in our travels there are always a loooooot of "buts"* a polish woman that we met on Saturday told us that... on Sunday entrance is for free. Ok, in that case we can (eventually hahah) visit the Palace of the King. The thing that I like the most was and old garden and the facade, but all rooms where a bit monotonous. (let's say: not my style of furnishing the flat). Also a nice surprise was a scottish man playing bagpipes :) 


*Dean's village*

Do you like Harry Potter? Me too! I didn't know before that Rowling was living in Edinburgh, but I know why she was able to create a story about Hogwarts and this magical world. A quarter called Dean's village is bosolutely worth visitig. It's all about buildings. The looks like taken from Harry Potter's movie. Wow! Just big 'wow'! And the biggest surprise was a real Hogwarts! It exists!!! And it's called Fettes Collage. In case you would like your children to study in Fettes College it's his website: https://fettes.com/ (but tuition fee is ENORMOUS!) 





I am very happy that I could spend time with my friend and family and I am really amazed. I have to definitely come back to Scotland soon. *In case you would go to Edinburg I can give you contact to our house in St James Street - the best place ever!*

Comments

  1. Thoes views are are stunning! I dream about visiting Scotland!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Antonio Gaudi. Architectural genius.

Eh

Let's escape!