Antonio Gaudi. Architectural genius.

A.Gaudi


The best thing in Barcelona is definitely ... architecture. I really love nature, beautiful views, culture of Spain. Generally speaking, I have never EVER seen a place with so many marvelous buildings. I think it's all because of modernisme and one of the most illustious architects of Barcelona is Antonio Gaudi. Gaudí devoted his life entirely to his profession, so as a consequence we can now admire his buildings which are artworks. 





Sagrada Família

Apparently, the first artwork we wanted to see was Sagrada Familia. Despite the fact that Sagrada is incomplete it's UNESCO World Heritage. Well, I am not surprised why. the basilica is just awsome. You look at it's facade and you go into raptures. We decided not to enter inside because of a huge queue.(Next time maybe we will enter :))


Park Guell

The next stop was also worth seeing. We decided to go there by foot so it took us a lot of time, but I really appreciate strolling throught new cities. Meanwhil we came across a cosy restaurant carried by charming old ladies. Paella with seafood and chick-pea which we ordered were really exquisite. Ticket to Park Guell costs 8 euro, but you can also visit a big area of the park without any tickets. I think the best place in Park Guell is not the main square, but some places which are empty, where you can sit, eat you "bocadillo" and relish sunbeams.  

Moreover, in Park Guell there are a lot of mosaic which togheter create a coherent artwork.

Casa Vicens

The next stop was also worth seeing. We decided to go there by foot 
Next place which we really wanted to visit was...CASA VICENS, but unfortunately it is closed for renovation.I was a bit disappointed, but c'est la vie.
 


Casa Mila

Another "must see" is of cousre Casa Mila (known also as La Pedrera). It is a building in the center of Barcelona and it's very famous thanks to its bizzare facade. (Frankly speaking, most of buildinga designed by Gaudi are astonishing)

Casa Batllo

One of the most outstandig buildings I have ever visited. Sightseeing was very expensive, but absolutely wort it. This building it's not so famous and because of it there are less tourist inside. Extraordinary design of that house comes over veeeery well. I loved the idea of the balconies and windows. Everything in this strage house is inspired by nature and it's an awsome idea!


If you plan trip to Barcelona doubtless you have to visit places associated with Gaudi! :) 

Comments

  1. I like the work of Antonio Gaudi too. I'is impressing that one many could invented so many outstanding things. I’m planning for so long to visit Barcelona, and now I know that it will be definitely my next trip destination!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photos! Are there any of his works in other Spanish cities, or is it only Barcelona? I hear people who live there are fed up with tourists ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaudi is one of my favourite artist! And Barcelona is on my list of places to visit, I hope I will get there soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eh

Let's escape!